1.3 How personal do you want your sketchbook to be? To hide, or not to hide?
Where do you stand on how personal a sketchbook should be?
To date I use my sketchbooks to sketch down idea. To capture people I have seen, weather conditions, an image that I see attached to words that I like. I don't believe that my sketchbooks have been overtly personal and I don't believe that people would necessarily see a deeper personal message in my sketchbooks so far.
However, I do hope that when people look at my sketches they do get to see a piece of me and start to gain an understanding of who I am. I would like my sketchbooks to become more personal, self reflection.
Do you want to reveal your soul or just comment about your ideas or your images?
I think a sketchbook should be flexible and versatile. Spontaneous and contain planning. A sketchbook should be everything. Therefore if on certain days you do reveal your soul, then that is great and I would like to start delving deeper and producing more personal sketches. I have no fear of sharing my soul, only I can do it and it could never be wrong.




Comments
Post a Comment