2.3 Blind contour drawings 

A blue and green felt tip pen on white paper. 

Portrait attempts. 

Hands. 

A female figure with her knees up against her chest. 


A male figure reclined, using a laptop. 


My legs crossed. 


Reflection

A really fun exercise. 

I chose to use a coloured pens as I felt they would flow well as a fluid line. The line would also be permanent, so despite my inexperience with this practice, I couldn't correct what I had done. 

The challenge here was not being disappointed with the sketches at first! 

Sketches 1-6 are clumsy, I was lost in the blindness. Even though I think that the viewer can see what I was attempting, the drawings are childlike and displeasing. The lines are disjointed as I kept stalling the line. 

However, sketch 7 to 9 do appear much better, with a fluid and more confident line. The pen didn't leave the paper and the sketching was much smoother. The overall appearance of the drawings are more energetic and lively. 

The features also start to show shapes that I like, the roundness of the chin, the pockets of the shirt, the creases of the jeans. This detail is important and helps to build better sketches. 

The more fluid the line, the more confident the sketches are. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog