1.1 Research Task Artist's Sketchbooks Danny Gregory 1960- Capturing a moment of the every day. "Making everyday matter". Gregory sketches in pen and ink in journals, often over a double page. The colours are so clean and vibrant against the black lines. The sketches make the situation, like breakfast look more exciting than the real deal. The shadows in blue are a creative and striking way of achieving tonal changes on the white porcelain. The lines are far from perfect or precise, they just flow with a natural fluidity. Edward Hopper 1882-1967 A visual response to the scene. Beautiful, peaceful drawings using a combination of pencil, charcoal and watercolour. The sketches are so atmospheric, a sense of belonging to the scenes bellow. Hopper includes light and shadow, dark tones that not only depict the scene but the mood also. Detailed sketches that are so accomplished. The figures in the drawings are crucial in the int...
Popular posts from this blog
3.3 Illustrative drawings I return to the references I have of my route. The photos work fantastically well at taking my mind back to each moment, although as stand alone images there isn't an obvious narrative to each image. I return to the sketches I made of my route. I specifically select the sketches that intrigue me and conjure my imagination. Emotions and memorable words. Shadows, continuous, alone, isolated, endless, opportunity, quiet, peaceful, contemplation, history. My sketch here is for reference only. It is rather stale of emotion, but perhaps I wasn't looking at the bench emotively at the time. I decide to take the word lonely and sketch the bench again, channeling a more emotive response. I use only one colour, 'Payne's Grey' from a watercolour palette. I chose this colour because it varies an awful lot in terms of shade, and the grey would work well with the emotion of loneliness. I use an ink nib to sketch the...
2.6 Pareidolia A collection of inanimate household objects, photographed: Part of a shower, basket handles. A glass of drink, a razor, a brass bin, a vintage money box, a toilet roll, desk drawers, a tall lamp, textures of wall tiles: Justin Sutcliffe 'Objects are people too' A collection of photographs exploring facial pareidolia. He states that he did not set up the shots, all photographs were of faces "unexpectedly observed in life". Bold and brilliant. No editing or embellishment. The faces are so obvious in each photograph. Yet in reality, one could easily miss the face as one would probably not be looking for it. He managed to capture a phenomena, most of us would miss. Keith Larsen Colourful illustrations of characters, created out of everyday objects. Very cleverly, Larsen not only copies the object, but brings it to life as a real, living thing. The colours are enhanced. Bold and confident. Fun and playful. ...







Comments
Post a Comment